THIS PAGE AND IT'S FOLLOWUPS ARE CURRENTLY BEING MANUALLY TRANSLATED FROM GERMAN
Check back later for the completed translation.
The original (german) source of the Article is found here
On Thingiverse i found a manual how to modify the printer to an H-Bot : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:490058 Because an H-Bot nearly is a CoreXY already, i decided to take that manual as a foundation. The advantages of a CoreXY over a H-Bot are described here.
Because i just started the modification and still wait for parts, this article is still under construction.
The following parts need to be printed:
- 2x stepper mount (support_moteur_corexy_2.stl)
- 2x Y linear axis and idler mount (support_roulement_corexychariot_2.stl)
- 2x GT2 pulley with teeth for 5x16x5 ball bearing (625ZZ) http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:651469
- 2x GT2 roll without teeth for 5x16x5 ball bearing (625ZZ) http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:651552
- 4x GT2 roll with teeth for 5x12x5 ball bearing (605ZZ) http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:650814
The following parts need to be gathered (!!!still under reserve!!!)
- 1x GT2 belt >3m (exact length follows)
- 2x GT2 Pulley 16 tooth for stepper (if not already there)
- 8x ball bearing 625ZZ 5x16x5 (2 are needed per roll)
- 8x ball bearing 605ZZ 5x12x5 (2 are needed per roll)
The most sensible intervetion in the contruction of the K8200 is the removal of the front and back frame truss. This is necessary to make room for the belts, that run in the space between truss and sled on the front and back side. The motor mounts include the mounts for the linear rail bearings. Terfore they can be uses as a scale.