- With the default settings of the Vertex Marlin firmware, it appears that the extrusion value is set too high, resulting in over-extrusion and messy prints (mostly too much infill).
- Default steps/mm for the extruders are set at 200. The optimum seems to be around 148.7
- Changing the extruder steps implies to change also the "Load filament" settings defined in the ultralcd.cpp file of the Marlin firmware. Otherwise, the filament will never reach the hot-end.
- You can download here the adjusted Marlin Firmware for the Single head version (credits to Migra and h60).
- The Velleman version string is updated with a F (as in Fixed flow rate) "M:1.0 V:1.1F HEAD:1"
- Updated Repetier Host Settings for Cura are also included in the file.
- After uploading the new firmaware, don't forget to update the EEPROM (with the LCD panel (Load defaults/Save settings) or via Repetier (send to the printer a M502 followed by a M500)
Dual head settings coming soon.